About Summer Lift Pass Options in Tignes
Visitors to Tignes in the summer can enjoy summer skiing on the Grand Motte at 3600m, hiking and biking on the slopes above Tignes Val Claret and Le Lac and the central activities park at Tignes Le Lac.
Passes can be bought or collected at the Maison de Tignes at Le Lac, or at the lift office in Val Claret. If you're staying with an accommodation provider (which includes the campsite in Brevieres) ask them for the Sportignes card which is free. If you're staying in a camper van or somewhere else you'll need to pay for it at the cash desk. All summer passes need to be collected in resort & cannot be bough on line.
Summer skiing passes
The Grande Motte Summer Ski Pass is available for skiers and snowboarders only - no Mountain bikes are allowed on the glacier. The ski area is open during the mornings only. The pass is valid for the 20km of pistes on the glacier as well as the freestyle snowpark and the ski lifts. When you are finished on the hill your pass allows you to use Le Lagon Swimming pool. Passes can be bought from the Funiculaire ticket office in Tignes Val Claret.
Also see: Summer Skiing in Tignes
Mountain bike passes
Mountain biking in Tignes & neighbouring Val d'Isere is FREE! You'll get access to around 150km of trails across the two biking areas. You'll still need to collect a hands free pass, which are available from the Lift Pass office in Val or the Maison de Tignes in Tignes Le Lac - 5 euros deposit. You also get free access to the MTB airbag to throw down some tricks.. or at least try to.. Please note you are not allowed to take your bikes onto the glacier, but you can ride from just underneath it back into resort.
Also see: Mountain Biking in Tignes
You can turn up and have a go at a large number of activities in Tignes each summer. There may be queues at the busiest times in summer, but all you have to do is turn up and give it a go. Activities available are:
- Air rifle shooting (adult card only)
- Babyfoot (table football)
- Beach soccer (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Beach volleyball (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Crazy Airbag (from 8 years old)
- Football practice area (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Mini-golf (1 entrance per card)*
- Multisports practice area (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Swimming-pool at Le Lagon (2 entrances per card)
- Tennis (Val Claret activities area and outside opening hours of the welcome point) - tennis rackets rental not included
- Water sports centre : pedal boat, kayak, canoe, stand-up paddle, catamaran
- You also get an hour free internet usage at the multimedia centre
The Grande Motte is not reserved only for skiers and snowboarders in the Summer months. Hikers and walkers can explore the glacier as well with a pedestrian pass. Casual walkers and sightseers can enjoy the views from the panoramic restaurant at the top of the funiculaire before taking the chairlift to the summit for amazing views of the surrounding mountains. More experience mountaineers will enjoy hiking on the glacier.
Opening hours for pedestrians on the glacier: 07:15 (first lift of the funicular) – 16:15 (last lift of the cable car, starting 7th July ).
Access to the Palafour & Toviere lifts are free from 27th June to 3rd July 2015 & from 4th July to 30th August you also get free access to the Tufs chairlift.
Also see: Maps of Tignes
The Sportignes Card gives you access to over 20 different activities, free to those staying with a Tignes accommodation provider. If you're not with an official accommodation provider you'll need to pay - see prices here. The activities available are:
- Acroland (from 12 years old) : Water jump, Hot jumping, Blob Jump
- Archery (from 6 years old)
- Beach soccer
- Beach volleyball
- Football practice area
- Multisports practice area
- Squash (access from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm)
- Tennis (Sport Beach and Lavachet activities area) tennis rackets rental not included
- Volleyball (Lavachet activities area and Lognan area)
- Tennis paddle (Lavachet activitie's area and Lognan area). Tennis paddle rackets rental not included
The Sportignes card is named and can only be used for personal use, remaining activities can not be transferred to another Sportignes card. The owner must carry the card with him whilst participating in all sporting activities and must present their card when asked by a member of staff. Any false or invalid cards will be immediately confiscated. No lost card can be replaced. All lost cards that are found will be sent back to the Maison de Tignes le Lac (tourist office in Tignes le Lac). By using the Sportignes card, the user acknowledges and accepts the rules of access to the sporting activities, available at each location. For security reasons, access is restricted to the following activities: Acroland from 12 years, Crazy Airbag from 8 years, archery from 6 years and shooting airguns from 14 years. Squash activity is « à la carte » only from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm.Tennis, tennis-paddle and squash racquets are available for rent, 2 € / racquet.Special indoor sports shoes with white soles compulsory for squash. Available for rent, 3 € / pairs. The Gold Ambassador Sportignes card is exclusively offered to the Gold Ambassador owners, according to the Property Owners Partnership Service's general conditions.
Location: Tignes Valley