About Summer Lift Pass Options in Tignes
Tignes in summer has so much to offer its visitors, with a multitude of summer sports and activities to keep the whole family entertained. And the beauty of it is that a lot of the activities and lift access are FREE!
You can enjoy summer skiing on the Grand Motte glacier at 3600m, hiking and mountain biking on the slopes above Tignes Val Claret and Le Lac. There's also a large central activities park and lots of water-based activities on the lake at Tignes Le Lac.
There are three main types of Tignes summer lift passes:
- Summer Skiing / Glacier pass - Give you access to the pistes, snow park and cross country skiing on the Grande Motte glacier
- Pedestrian pass - Gives you access to the Grande Motte glacier for a small fee, the other lifts are free (although you need to pick up a hands free card and pay a small deposit to access them)
- Mountain Bike pass - This is free, but you need to pick up a hands free card and pay a small deposit to access the lifts.
Passes can be bought or collected at the Maison de Tignes at Le Lac, or at the lift office in Val Claret. If you're staying with an accommodation provider (which includes the campsite in Brevieres) ask them for the Sportignes card which is free. All summer passes need to be collected in resort & cannot be bought on line.
Summer skiing passes
The Grande Motte Summer Ski Pass is available for skiers and snowboarders only - no Mountain bikes are allowed on the glacier. The ski area is open during the mornings only. The pass is valid for the 20km of pistes on the glacier as well as the freestyle snowpark, cross country skiing and the ski lifts. When you are finished on the hill your 2-10 day ski pass allows you to use Le Lagon Swimming pool. Passes can be bought from the Funiculaire ticket office in Tignes Val Claret or the Maison de Tignes at Le Lac.
Also see: Summer Skiing in Tignes
Mountain bike passes
Mountain biking in Tignes & neighbouring Val d'Isere is FREE! You'll get access to around 150km of trails across the two biking areas. You'll still need to collect a hands free pass, which are available from the Lift Pass office in Val d'Isere or the Maison de Tignes in Tignes Le Lac. You need to pay a 5 euro deposit. You also get free access to the MTB airbag to throw down some tricks.. or at least try to.. Please note you are not allowed to take your bikes onto the glacier, but you can ride from just underneath it back into resort.
Also see: Mountain Biking in Tignes
You can turn up and have a go at a large number of activities in Tignes each summer. There may be queues at the busiest times in summer, but all you have to do is turn up and give it a go. Activities available are:
- Air rifle shooting (adult card only)
- Babyfoot (table football)
- Beach soccer (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Beach volleyball (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Crazy Airbag (from 8 years old)
- Football practice area (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Mini-golf (1 entrance per card)*
- Multisports practice area (outside opening hours of the welcome point)
- Swimming-pool at Le Lagon (2 entrances per card)
- Tennis (Val Claret activities area and outside opening hours of the welcome point) - tennis rackets rental not included
- Water sports centre : pedal boat, kayak, canoe, stand-up paddle, catamaran
- You also get an hour free internet usage at the multimedia centre
Activities are weather dependant in some cases - check at the Maison de Tignes to see what's available on your trip.
The Grande Motte glacier is not reserved just for skiers and snowboarders in the Summer months; hikers and walkers can explore the glacier as well with a pedestrian pass. Casual walkers and sightseers can enjoy the views from the panoramic restaurant at the top of the funicular before taking the chairlift to the summit for amazing views of the surrounding mountains. You can hike on the glacier, but ONLY if you are accompanied by a mountain guide.
Also see: Maps of Tignes
Season & annual passes
Season summer passes are available and if you have a winter season pass from the year before, you can add on a 'Summer Extension' for a greatly reduced price.
Location: Tignes Region