This alternative drinks and snacks stop in Tignes Le Lavachet offers a delicious selection of grilled cheese sandwiches, soups, cakes and coffee.
Grilled cheese ticks so many boxes - it's hot and tasty, it's quick, it's portable and it even cures a hangover! What's not to like?
Inspired by the global street food revolution of recent years, this restaurant has firmly put grilled cheese on the Tignes map since summer 2016. Serving hearty breakfasts, great value lunches, homemade cakes and delicious coffees and craft ales, their grilled cheese specialities combine classic flavour combos with some modern twists to keep your taste buds tantalised.
For tea lovers, the cafe also serves Yorkshire tea so you can look forward to a proper brew after a day on the mountain, or if you are after something a bit strong they have craft beers available and even prosecco by the bottle!
Eat in or take away, it will be a challenge to resist going here more than once!
Read our review of La Cantine
- "A wonderful little place for a bite to eat and drink in Le Lavachet. Super easy to ski to and from, with very friendly staff. My husband particularly enjoyed the craft beers and my daughter loved the hot chocolate. Highly recommended and will be visiting every time we are Tignes." - Trip Advisor
- "I meet friends here regularly for coffees, teas and cakes---it's wonderful for that; very cosy and in a fab location for spotting other friends walking by & dragging them inside for refreshment and chat! The staff have always been incredibly warm & welcoming. We recently had a toastie lunch there, and it was pretty good; the accompanying coleslaw was very refreshing...I really liked how it wasn't laden down with mayo or salad cream. We're really happy La Cantine has set up in le Lavachet and wish it every success!" - Trip Advisor
- "Only had coffee and toasted sandwiches here but excellent food and good service at sensible prices. The mushroom, spinach and blue cheese toastie did it for me." - Trip Advisor
- "We visited here a couple of times during our stay and the toasted sandwiches were excellent and the hot chocolate amazing! Staff were really friendly too." - Trip Advisor
- "Great toasties, really welcoming staff, relaxed atmosphere. So good we ate here 3 times for lunch during our week in Tignes. Recommend the chorizo, red onion and spinach toastie. Teenage son, a connoisseur, voted it the best hot chocolate in town. Can ski virtually to the door and only a two-minute walk back to the slopes in Le Lavachet." - Trip Advisor
Location: Tignes - Le Lac / Lavachet
Cuisine: Coffee / Cafe | Fast-food | Sandwiches / Snacks | Take Away
Venue Style: Café | Restaurant
Vibe / Atmosphere: Laid-back / Chilled
Access: Children welcome | Pedestrian access | Ski to door
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Winter
Address: Centre Commercial Le Lavachet, Route du Lavachet | Tignes - Le Lac / Lavachet | 73320