The Development Centre or TDC ski, take a client centred approach into the stunning off-piste areas of the Espace Killy.
Their coaches will take you to the best terrain and snow available and will provide individualised coaching to help you enjoy it more. From your first tracks in fresh snow to extreme steep and deep, they have the experienced instructors to take you there and help you do it better.
They run group sessions with a maximum of 6 people and you can choose between 3 half day sessions or 5 half days.
There are different off-piste clinics for different levels
- Off Piste Introduction: for those who have a good level on the piste but have little experience off the piste,.
- Off Piste Adventure: for those who are experienced in the off piste and want to explore off piste skiing further.
- Private Off piste: book an instructor for half a day, or a whole day and set the goals with your instructor. Maximum 6 people.
All instructors at TDCski are qualified to lead groups off piste in non-glacial terrain. Heli ski and ski touring activities are available on request.
For further details and booking, visit the website or contact the agents directly using the enquiry link on this page.
- "After skiing for quite some years on the slopes, I decided this year I wanted to try a bit off-piste skiing. Since my partner is more an ‘on-piste skier’ I searched the internet for a ski school where we could each take group lessons on our own level and ski the afternoons together. When I found the TDC, we chose to go to Tignes and booked the 3 day, 3 hour group courses (off-piste introduction clinic and development clinic). Both of us found the TDC-teachers very good and enthusiastic. They have a passion for the mountains and for skiing, enjoy what they to and pass it on! The 3 hour morning lessons are great. You have lots of time to ski and learn a lot with your instructor and still have time to practise everything in the afternoon. And instructions in fluent English are even for not native speakers like us much easier to understand than some of the ‘Frenglish’ spoken by some French instructors. I was lucky enough to be the only student in my group, so in fact I had private lessons. (I am just so very happy they didn’t cancel the class.) I’ve had many lessons over the years and I can say the TDC lessons in the snow are the best I ever had. My instructor James (Steward-Hunter) was very patient, his explanations very clear and I skied slopes I never thought I could ski. At the same time I also improved on basic skiing technique as well. (James’ pole plant instruction was a revelation!). James knows the mountains around Tignes very well, spring came early in Tignes, but he knew when and where to go for nice snow. And, very important for a novice off-piste skier, I felt very safe all the time. He gave me a lot of confidence and challenged me to explore my boundaries and this way learn a lot and. It was very enjoyable to explore a bit of the off-piste area around Tignes with him." - Trip Advisor
- "TDC is a top notch ski coaching establishment. I've now had two off-piste courses with them, one a 1-to-1 and the second their off-piste adventure week. Very knowledgeable coaches, small group sizes and an excellent emphasis on snow safety. Highly recommended." - Trip Advisor
- "Do not hesitate to book some lessons with the TDC. They are great!I booked a 3 hour private lesson with Charlie as an intermediate skier, and came on leaps and bounds thanks to his excellent teaching. Highly recommended." - Trip Advisor
- "A huge huge thanks to Gavin and the team at TDC Tignes. Flexible, helpful and friendly. Coupled with brilliant and tailored instruction. A special thanks to Claire for her patience!!! If you're skiing in Tignes and want lessons or refreshers at any level then call the guys at TDC" - Trip Advisor
Location: Tignes - Le Lac / Lavachet
Level: Intermediate | Advanced
Typical Duration: Half day
Languages Spoken: English | French
Activities: Heli-Ski | Ski Touring | Skiing | Snowboarding
Guides & Instructors: Ski Guides | Ski-Touring Guides
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Ski Lessons | Snowboard Lessons | Steep Skiing Lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter