About Summer Lift Opening Dates in Tignes
Below you'll find all the summer opening times of Tignes lifts to help you plan your holiday. There are plenty of lifts operating here in the summer, giving you lots of access to the mountains and attractions that Tignes has to offer.
This summer Tignes & Val d'Isere lifts are open from
Saturday 1st July to Friday 1st September 2017
The Grand Motte glacier and snowpark opens for summer skiing in Tignes for those of you who can't wait until next winter to get your skis/snowboards back on - Access to the glacier is from the 24th June to 6th August 2017 - conditions permitting. The Grand Motte Funicular runs from Tignes Val Claret up to the Grand Motte glacier, it is a daily service starting at 07:15 and operating until the 13:00 (weather dependent).
If mountain biking or hiking is your thing then the lifts are still FREE in summer! Pedestrians can also get access to the glacier in summer via the funicular & the cable car: Access to the Palafour lift, Tufs lift & the Toviere gondola is free!
- Palafour chairlift: 10:00 - 13:00 / 13:30 - 17:00
- Toviere gondola: 10:00 - 12:30 / 13:00 - 17:00 (access to Val d’Isère MTB trails)
- Tufs chairlift: 10:00 - 13:00 / 13:30 - 17:00 (access to Val d’Isère MTB trails)
VAL D'ISERE LIFTS:
- Olympique cable car: 09:45 - 12:00 / 12:30 - 16:45
- Borsat chairlift: 10:15 - 12:30 / 13:00 - 16:25 (access to Tignes MTB trails).
WARNING: The last lift from Val d’Isère to Tignes via the Borsat chairlift is at 16:25.
- In June - 07:15 (first lift of the funicular) – 12:30 (last lift up by Funicular Perce Neige) & 13:30pm (last lift down)
- In July - 07:15 (first lift of the funicular) – 15.45 (last lift up by Funicular) & 16:15 (last lift up by the cable car)
- In August - 09:30 – 15.45pm (last lift up by Funicular)
From around the first week in October, the Grand Motte glacier will be open in Tignes (conditions permitting) and should be open straight through to the official start of the ski season at the end of November.