This lovely chalet is situated in a tranquil location close to Tignes Val Claret with the 24/7 free ski shuttle service going from the end of the drive! This means you can easily get to and from the lifts, bars and restaurant within a few minutes.
This charming chalet mixes traditional features of wood panelling with a more modern design, including a glass-fronted living room so that you can enjoy the stunning mountain scenery from the comfort of your seat next to the roaring open log fireplace. The sitting room has three comfortable sofas where you can stretch out and relax in the evening. The separate dining area and kitchen are on the first floor, providing a separate social space.
This chalet features its own sauna so after a full day on the pistes, you can look forward to heating yourself through to the bone and soothing any aching muscles. There is also a TV and DVD player so you can switch off in front of a film, a music system so you can chillout to your favourite tunes and free WiFi access.
For your convenience, there is also a ski room where you can store all your equipment without it taking over your living space and there are also boot warms so you can easily slide on your ski boots each morning and have toasty toes!
This chalet is open all year round so whether you prefer to whiz down the mountain on skis or a mountain bike, this can be the perfect alpine retreat for you.
The chalet can sleep up to 14 in six rooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1: Twin/double en-suite room
- Bedroom 2: Double en-suite room with balcony access
- Bedroom 3: Double en-suite room - space for a cot
- Bedroom 4: Twin/double en-suite room
- Bedroom 5: Triple en-suite room with one double bed and one single bed
- Bedroom 6: Triple en-suite room with three single beds
This chalet is run by Ski Bug who unlike most other chalet companies include free airport transfers in their package. The company are passionate about food and provide delicious meals alongside an excellent service.
This chalet is let on a catered basis and the company take great pride in providing delicious meals to ensure you have a fantastic holiday. You can look forward to:
- Hearty breakfasts with a hot option
- Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes
- Canapés & aperitifs on first and last nights
- Delicious 3-course meals with carefully selected bottled wine, 6 nights per week
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in Tignes - Val Claret, France
Families & Kids
You’ll need to book your own childcare, when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Tignes from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. In addition, during the winter season, many of the ski-schools operate creche services. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Tignes - Val Claret, France
You’ll need to organise your own bike hire when staying here. Things to consider are the type of bike you want to rent such as road, mountain, hard trail and/or an electric bike; and whether you’ll need helmets and protective clothing with your rental. You’re best off choosing a shop that is close to your accommodation for ease of access, and making it quicker to return the bike and pay at the end. Some companies may also deliver so it’s worth looking at all the options.
Also see: Cycle Hire in Tignes - Val Claret, France
Lifts & Passes
You can organise all your lift passes through the chalet company in advance and they will ready and waiting for you in the chalet on arrival.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Tignes, France
Instructors & Lessons
Whether you are a seasoned skier or snowboarder who wants to brush up on your technique with a private lesson, you have beginners in your group or you are looking for a ski school for the kids, the chalet company can help you with all your lesson arrangements in advance.
Also see: Ski Schools in Tignes - Val Claret, France
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Tignes whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Tignes - Val Claret, France
La Plagne has a good free shuttle service running between all the resorts. However, at this chalet, there is complimentary ski shuttle service 5 mornings a week to the resort centre so you can be in time for your ski lessons!
Exterior parking is available at this property.
- "We have just had the most wonderful week in this chalet with our fabulous Skibug hosts Sam and Chris, who looked after us as if we were long lost members of their family. The food was amazing, chalet clean and comfortable and Tignes a superb spot for summer mountain holiday. We packed it all in; there's so much to do and to return to the chalet after an action packed day to a superb home cooked meal was true luxury. Thank you Skibug and most of all thank you Sam and Chris! Nearby; hiking, water sports including white water rafting, hydro foiling, paddle boarding, climbing, mountain biking and parapenting. And marmottes!!" - Trip Advisor
- "This chalet is in a great location in a tried and tested resort. So easy to get to the slopes from here. The very regular resort buses stop outside the building and take you right into Val Claret or Tignes Le Lac less than 5 minutes away. This chalet is run by Paul & Lorraine whose infinate knowledge of skiing in the Alps is invaluable on a short holiday. They can advise all levels of skiers from the adventurous bold to the timid! They are a great team serving up delicious evening meals and hearty breakfasts. From the moment we arrived they could not have been more welcoming and helpful. They were talking about upgrading the property too so watch this space as its already a great value chalet!" - Trip Advisor
Tignes Val Claret is the perfect resort in both the winter and summer season. It is probably one of the main hubs of the whole Tignes resort with its lifts going up to the famous Grande Motte Glacier and its bustling cosy feel it can make for a great place to holiday. Although not the prettiest of ski resorts it definitely has a lot to offer with excellent accommodation deals, a fantastic ski area, great shopping and an abundance of bars and restaurants where you can dine and dance the night away.
The Vanoise National park is accessible from Tignes. Go and discover some of the amazing views and the wildlife it is home to.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter Val Claret is a hive of activity. Whether it be people heading to the ski slopes, browsing the designer boutique and sports shops, or people huddling inside one of the many cafes, restaurants or bars with a creamy hot chocolate to keep warm. It is a small resort set on two levels so you can either hop on a bus service to the Grande Motte and Espace Killy ski area or simply jump in a lift and be at the ski area within minutes. This part of Tignes is also known for its fun and bustling nightlife in the winter with lots of bars, clubs and restaurants you can enjoy plenty of Apres Ski.
The summer brings beautiful green mountains and plenty of sunshine. Mountain biking is one of the most popular activities to do in the summer time in Tignes and with lift access to the whole Espace Killy area you can explore the various trails and routes on offer. Val Claret is where most of the biking trails end so it is a great place to stay for mountain biking holiday. There are also lots of walking and hiking routes that you can enjoy from Val Claret, giving you the freedom to explore the mountains and the wonderful views. With plenty of summer activities for groups, families and individuals there is something for everyone in Tignes Val Claret - there is even a spot of summer skiing to be had on the Grande Motte glacier in the early mornings.
Also see: Things To Do in Tignes - Val Claret, France
Sat above the Lake in Tignes, there is an 18 hole golf course that offers a really unique golfing experience. It's also at 2100m above sea level and is open every summer from late June to early September weather permitting
Also see: Golf Courses in Tignes - Val Claret, France
From Val Claret you can gain easy access to the glacier, in both summer and winter. Take the funicular up to the glacier, or one of the many chair lifts to a mixture of blue and red pistes.
Also see: Ski Areas in Tignes, France
Location: Tignes - Val Claret
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 14
Bedrooms: 6 bedroom
Bookings For: Lift Passes | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast
Cleaning: Daily housekeeping
Access: Children welcome
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: DVD Player | Free WiFi | Games available | Library | Music system | TV
Outdoor: Garden - Private | Terrace
Spa & Fitness: Sauna
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Winter
Prices & Availability